Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
We aim to ensure that The Gatsby Benchmarks for Careers Guidance are met:
- Our students have an embedded programme of career education and guidance that is known and understood by students, parents, teachers, governors and em- ployers.
- Our students and their parents have access to good quality information about future study options and labour marked opportunities. They have the support of an informed careers adviser to make the best use of available information.
- Opportunities for career guidance are tailored to the needs of each student. Equality and diversity are considered throughout.
- Teachers link curriculum learning with careers. STEM subject teachers aim to high-light the relevance of STEM subjects for a wide range of career paths.
- Our students are involved and engaged in the design, delivery and evaluation of information, advice and guidance
- We aim to give out students multiple opportunities to learn from employers about work, employment and the skills that are required in the work place.
- We aim for all of our students to have first hand experiences of the workplace through work visits or work experience.
- Every student has opportunities for guidance interviews with our full time qualified careers adviser.
Mrs C Casewell
Careers and Post 16 Transition Adviser
Careers and Post 16 Transition
Careers Drop In - EveryBreak Time, Open to all Year Groups
Held in G22 with Mrs Lloyd
We are very pleased to announce that we have gained the 'Career Mark' accreditation. We would like to give special thanks to all the pupils who took part in the Career Mark assessment from Years 8, 9, 10 and 11. They were absolutely amazing, mature, conscientious and committed to helping the school.
Career MarkTo find out more about what the 'Career Mark' means, please visit their website.
All students will meet with our Level 6 Qualified Careers & Post 16 Transition Adviser on a 1:1 basis in both years 10 and year 11 to support your child to achieve a successful post 16 transition. If you would like to speak to Mrs Lloyd then you can contact her on 01270 660869.
All students have access to Eclips which a fantastic resource. You or your child can log on using ‘kiosha14’.
All students have access to START careers programme. Parents can check the progress of their child’s career related activity using START.
Years 8, 10 and 11 have started this programme during PSHCE lessons and feedback is that they have found it very useful. By July 2019 years 7 and 9 will also have used this as part of PSHCE. All students have been provided with individual log on information.
Looking for an apprenticeship? You can SEARCH and APPLY for on the National Apprenticeship Service. All apprenticeships can be found here. See Mrs Lloyd in F24 if you require more information.
National Careers Service
The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work. See Mrs Lloyd if you require more information.